Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crowdster Plus 2

Crowdster Plus 2

I have a Desert Sunset Crowdster Plus 2 on order for a December delivery. I also have a Schertler Unico acoustic amp. Has anyone had any experience with this combo? I have several nice tube amps from Swart, Dr. Z and Little Walter to run with the electric side of the Crowdster. I could also run a Carl Martin Rock Bug straight to the board if needed. Also, has anyone had any experience with a TC Electronics Nova System with their Crowdster? I won't have much time to experiment before my first outing with the Crowdster. Thanks for your help. Stereostapp in Selma, AL

Haven't used those combos. I do like the M13 and HD 500 better than the Nova System, and the Crowdster acoustic side sounds amazing through everything I've plugged it into.
    LOVE YOUR AUDIENCE GTRS: Tom Anderson Crowdster + 2, Hollow CT Atom Wechter Acoustic
    Other Toys: FBT, Fishman, Line 6 (Helix Rack beta tester), Lava, Peterson, Planet Waves, etc...

Electric & Acoustic AT THE SAME TIME Electric AND Acoustic With the Variax
    My Music ~ Listen for free, buy for cheap. Electric and Acoustic at the Same Time with Helix

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    One warning on most acoustic amps, the crowdy is capable of more bottom than most acoustics put out, so don't be surprised if you have to cut the bottom.

Thanks for your comments. Tom, I went with the Desert Sunset you suggested.
    Does the Crowdster come with a Y adapter, or do I need to pick that up ahead of time?

You need a high quality 1/4" TRS - Dual 1/4" TS. It's basically an "insert cable" and I got mine from Lava Cables, which I recommend highly.

http://www.lavacable.com/

You can also make one by taking a really long Guitar cable, cutting it EXACTLY in half, and getting a 1/4" TRS plug that has a REALLY BIG opening at the top (yes I found one one time, don't remember where) and solder away.
    LOVE YOUR AUDIENCE GTRS: Tom Anderson Crowdster + 2, Hollow CT Atom Wechter Acoustic
    Other Toys: FBT, Fishman, Line 6 (Helix Rack beta tester), Lava, Peterson, Planet Waves, etc...

My Music ~ Listen for free, buy for cheap. Electric and Acoustic at the Same Time with Helix

YAY! Another Crowdy+ player from Bama! +1 on Pietro's suggestion of a Lava Cable stereo split. Super quality, plus Mark is a stand up guy.

I've never like the results much running through an acoustic amp as much as just running through a good preamp then direct. As Tom said, the crowdsters do have a lot of bass and you can lose some of the fullness having to dial it down for an amp.

As far as the Nova system goes, I've never used it, but I do have a couple of TC pedals (flashback and trinity) on my board that I LOVE!!

oh yeah, pics are a must when that thing hits the door

I called Lava and was told they were too busy before Christmas, but was given the name of HAVE, Inc. to call. I spoke with Fritz and ordered a suitable solution. The cables ar made in house with Canare guitar cable.
    Thanks everyone for your help. Happy Thanksgiving and RTR!

Quote Originally Posted by stereostapp
    I called Lava and was told they were too busy before Christmas, but was given the name of HAVE, Inc. to call. I spoke with Fritz and ordered a suitable solution. The cables ar made in house with Canare guitar cable.
    Thanks everyone for your help. Happy Thanksgiving and RTR!
    Sounds cool of them to do that!

the last batch of bulk guitar cable I ordered was Canare brand and has become my new favorite. The center conductor is 18 gauge which is huge given the cable diameter is not huge. Good stuff.
    TAG C+2 & HDT , Godin A12, Homemade Koa/maple top hollow body electric, 1992 PRS Custom 24 Lacewood, Gibson Chet Atkins CE, 1976 Ovation Breadwinner, Ovation MM68 mandolin, Alvarez/Yairi DY87 dbl neck

Crowdster with TCE Nova.

I played a gig last Friday with my Crowdster ++ running into a Nova system and then directly into the mixer. It's obviously an extremely simple setup and it sounds great. Obviously, I'm not taking advantage of the stereo capabilities, but that's not an issue for what we do. I use the piezo about 90% of the time and the Nova's time based effects are fantastic...as you'd expect from them. On occasion I will switch to the magnetic pickups and engage the Nova's drive. It's fairly mild setting, so the drive is adequate. I'm not a big fan of the Nova's drive in general, but with some tweaking it's very usable. The Nova's downside is that it is in the switching. It's no problem to select specific effects within a song, as long as they're in the current preset scene. But switching between presets during a song can be awkward depending on the effects mode. It's also not "loaded" with hundreds of extreme effects, or wah, or looper. But that's not an issue for what I do.

I have Pod HD500 and I expect that when I get the time to really exploit its features, then I might switch to that system. I'm certain that I'd have more options available. But to be honest, I really like to simplicity of my current set up.

Quote Originally Posted by parker65
    I have Pod HD500 and I expect that when I get the time to really exploit its features, then I might switch to that system. I'm certain that I'd have more options available. But to be honest, I really like to simplicity of my current set up.
    Crowdster Plus 2 is a GREAT match for the HD 500!

Thanks for the input on the Nova System. I really prefer it's analog qualities over the more digital choices. I'm still hoping for a December delivery!

My dealer, Elite Music Sales, received the invoice for my Crowdster today! I hope that means it has shipped. All I can do is wait and watch my Tom Anderson Factory Tour DVD. RTR!

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    It is on its way!

Roll Tide!

And I'm not just saying that for the team...

For those confused watch this

Congrats Stereo You're gonna LOVE it!