Thread: Dr ducks ax wax

Dr ducks ax wax

HI guys,
    I was wondering if anybody has any experience using this product?
    It's had a couple of good reviews in the guitar press so I was thinking about getting some.
    guitar: hollow t classic 08-18-05a
    effects: barber tone press with B Buff, mad professor sweet honey overdrive hand wired, lazy j cruiser, secret seasons snowdrift, fuzzhugger fx algal bloom
    amp: laney lc15
    cable:eli

I'VE asked the same question on the music radar forum and the reply.was.its good stuff but better as a lubricant than a polish. I'm looking at ordering some virtuouso premium polish which I've read is superb stuff. THeir website says its safe for use on all finishes including uv cured ones. Have any of you guys tried the virtuoso stuff?
    IT seems everything I'm buying at the moment is coming from your side of the pond I think I need to move to California
    effects: barber tone press with B Buff, mad professor sweet honey overdrive hand wired, lazy j cruiser, secret seasons snowdrift, fuzzhugger fx algal bloom

Dr. Ducks AxWax

Thought I'd chime in since I've used this goo.
    My experience with it is I like it as a fretboard/fret cleaner, not so much as guitar finish polish. I did try it on one of my Tele's (not my HDT of course) and it was a bit hard to get off. On the fretboard it worked well and cleaned off nicely.

THanks for the heads up. That's good to know I did think it may be a jack of all trades kind of thing, have you had any experience with the virtuoso stuff?

I have not tried the Virtuoso stuff. On my Andersons (and Suhrs) I just give a mist with the Meguiar's Speed Detailer. For any heavy grime or sweat, I use Preservation Polish from Stew-Mac.

Virtuosso is the best stuff I've used. The Preservation polish from StewMac was horrible. Smelled like it would cause cancer and left a haze that was next to impossible to get rid of. Yuch! Can't believe Dan Erlewine recomends the stuff. Must get a kickback...
    Last edited by GuitArtMan; 05-25-2010 at 08:27 PM.

THanks guys I currently have some virtuouso winging its way to the UK.

What does TOM recommend???
    I hear a lot of talk by a lot of honkeys, sittin' on a lot of money sayin' they are the high society, I say THIS IS the High Society... Fred/Jessie
    http://www.thestringnetwork.com/index.php

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    we just use lemon oil at the shop for cleaning after a fret dress. i'm not a sweaty guy so my fingerboards stay in nice shape.