Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite neck shape

Your favorite neck shape

Just curious what folks call their favorite Anderson neck shape. Mine happens to be the even taper. Interesting that serveral years ago I thought I would go for a slightly larger neck, but now I believe it is absolutely perfect. Not sure if the shape was tweaked from years back or not but it is certainly the "cats meow"......what is yours!

'62 Roundback or 60's vibe. I like a little beef in my hand. Played my friend's Jem one time and that neck was just to flat for me.

I have 2 favorites! For a long time now I've been using the 60's vibe but just this year I came across a guitar with the even taper +.050 size neck and now my new classic has this neck shape...... I still have a classic with the 60's vibe.....Love both neck shapes......
    Everything Matters!

Facebook

62 roundback .50 over.

But I have to agree that even taper is nice. It's on one of my Classics.
    Sometimes the silence between the notes is more important...

My Koa HDT has heavy frets on an even taper neck.
    My Classic and my CT both have medium frets on a 60's vibe neck.

If I had to choose, I'd say that the even taper with the heavy frets is perhaps the finest neck I've ever played. But, I really feel that the other two are right there too...........very hard to choose a favorite, as they are all great.

I'm not very picky about necks, however. I really really love big fat thick '50's Gibson necks. But, seem pretty happy with most different neck sizes, thicknessess, and shapes. I happen to really enjoy a "V" neck as well. I've not yet experienced an Andy with the 50's V neck...........
    Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.thestringnetwork.com/index.php

Even taper is definitely my favourite. The happy medium on my HCS is very nice also, but the even taper on my DT edges it out for first place.

Even taper is my favorite.

Only have one TAG, closest dealer is 50 miles away and their website doesn't show any in stock, so I haven't had the opportunity to try many different neck shapes, but the even taper on my one TAG is very comfortable. I also like the PRS wide thin, I have an Ibanez with a Wizard II neck that I like and the neck on my Tele Deluxe is just a little fatter than the neck on my TAG which is good too. Don't know any of those would compare with TAG neck profiles.
    Thanks,
    Jack

The older I get....the less a lifetime warranty means to me.

My Web Page

Even Taper +.30 is my absolute favorite. All 4 of my Andersons have that neck shape, as well as #5 that will join the family in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Stys
    '62 Roundback or 60's vibe. I like a little beef in my hand. Played my friend's Jem one time and that neck was just to flat for me.
    +1 and I like a 1 11/16 nut, too.
    Where's that confounded bridge?

I'm not crazy about the soft-V on my buddy's Classic. It's nice, just not me. I love the standard Cobra shape on my Hollow Cobra. I like my Crowdster Neck just the same? (Is it the same as the Cobra?)
    LOVE YOUR AUDIENCE GTRS: Tom Anderson Crowdster + 2, Hollow CT Atom Wechter Acoustic
    Other Toys: FBT, Fishman, Line 6 (Helix Rack beta tester), Lava, Peterson, Planet Waves, etc...

Electric & Acoustic AT THE SAME TIME Electric AND Acoustic With the Variax
    My Music ~ Listen for free, buy for cheap. Electric and Acoustic at the Same Time with Helix

I would like to vote for the 1 11/16 50's soft v with heavy frets on a rosewood board. I have one on an Ice Blue Classic and a second on order on a Hollow T Classic in Butterscotch. If you play using your thumb, this is a great neck shape.

Quote Originally Posted by mslugano
    +1 and I like a 1 11/16 nut, too.
    Oh, Yeah!!! 1 11/16 nut. Great neck.

60's vibe.

My Cobra is the first guitar I have ever owned with the 1 11/16" nut, prior to that it was all 1 5/8" because I have relatively small hands, but I have found the wider nut width with the "happy medium" taper absolutely wonderful to play; It didn't even feel "funny" to play, and now the 1 5/8" feels too cramped.....I would like to try a version with the happy medium +0.30 just to see how different it would feel.