Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Tuner revisited

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    danno's right, you can't preset the tune and intonation on the same preset on the 200. i do set my drop d as #7 on the 200 so i don't have to change presets when i drop d. i use a -4 cents offset on the low d which helps on the floppier string.

In 10 words or less, what is the reason to replace my StroboStomp with a Turbo Tuner?

Faster, more accurate, smaller, less expensive, true stroboscope, easy display.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth105
    In 10 words or less, what is the reason to replace my StroboStomp with a Turbo Tuner?
    I'll let you know later in the week. I just ordered both tuners. The 122 for my bench and the 200 for the board.

For me the 122 looks like the best tuner for the Buzz Feiten tuning and intonation. Being able to program both offsets into one preset (I'm still a little confused at how that's done) makes it a hands down winner.

Hope to have both this week.......
    Everything Matters!

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    danno's right, you can't preset the tune and intonation on the same preset on the 200. i do set my drop d as #7 on the 200 so i don't have to change presets when i drop d. i use a -4 cents offset on the low d which helps on the floppier string.

Hi Tom!
    would that be -04 ?
    Everything Matters!

Facebook

yes, -04 for the 200, -4.0 for the 122.
    the deal with the 12 tones for the 122 is that you have to enter them in highest to lowest pitch for it to work correctly.
    here are the notes.
    1=5 octave E 0 offset(12 fret E).
    2=4 octave B 0 offset(12th fret B).
    3=4 octave G +1. offset(12th fret G).
    4=4 octave E 0 offset(open E).
    5=4 octave D +1. offset(12th fret D).
    6=3 octave B +1. offset(open B).
    7=3 octave A 0 offset(12th fret A).
    8=3 octave G -2. offset(open G).
    9=3 octave E 0 offset(12th fret E).
    10=3 octave D -2. offset(open D).
    11=2 octave A -2. offset(open A).
    12=2 octave E -2. offset(open E).
    the other thing i'll say about this tuner is that it is only looking at the octave it's supposed to be looking at where most strobes look at all of them and you have to decide which set of lines to look at.
    hope that helps.

That's excellent....... Thank You!

I just received the 200 Today and had to call them for some info but it's working great now! One question about the octaves on the st-200....Do you just keep the ones that are displayed when programming the BF offsets.... or do I need to change them?......

Thanks!
    Everything Matters!

Facebook

for tuning the ones there should be fine. you can use the above chart if you make a "new" preset, you just can't do them all in one preset on the 200. you can also use the chromatic mode if you need to ever figure out which octave you're listening to.

when i first programmed the 200 i missed the 0 in the 02 cents and was programming 20 cents instead. the guitar doesn't sound so good with 10 times as much offset applied i also missed the "." in the cents on the 122 so i a had 1/10th of the offset applied there. both don't work so good...(with fist hitting forehead)stupid, stupid, stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth105
    Better, Cheaper.

You owe me 8 words.
    Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.thestringnetwork.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    when i first programmed the 200 i missed the 0 in the 02 cents and was programming 20 cents instead. the guitar doesn't sound so good with 10 times as much offset applied i also missed the "." in the cents on the 122 so i a had 1/10th of the offset applied there. both don't work so good...(with fist hitting forehead)stupid, stupid, stupid.

I was a little confused as well. Not sure if it was suppose to be 0.01. or 01.0 but it wound up being 01.0/02.0....
    Everything Matters!

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by marzzz
    Faster, more accurate, smaller, less expensive, true stroboscope, easy display.
    Actually the Peterson is more accurate.... but an amount that no human ear could ever tell.
    Bruce

i don't know about decimal places, but it was easier and faster for me to get better in tune with the tt. you know i still love you bruce?

Quote Originally Posted by bruce
    Actually the Peterson is more accurate.... but an amount that no human ear could ever tell.
    Isn't it the other way around? ie. The Turbo Tuner is more accurate by an amount that no human ear could ever tell.

I'll chime in here. I took the advice of TAG themselves and use the Boss TU-12 and I am having GREAT luck with it. It works incredibly well for tuning and intonation. I've not had experience with the turbo tuner so I don't have a common frame of reference. But I am more than satisfied with my TU-12.
    Jimmy Muhlenbruch
    (Anderson Artist)
    Cobra 11-16-07A
    Drop Top 02-24-09P (GoTW 19April09-3May09)
    Cobra 07-26-09J