Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo Tuner revisited

Turbo Tuner revisited

Sorry all, but just received my Turbo Tuner and can't find the long thread that was up just 3 days ago. Don't know if it just timed out, but I would really appreciate the offsets for Buzz Feiten tuning, or a link to where it can be found. Hopefully I can figure out how to change the tunings on this box, it seems a little complicated . . . thanks in advance.

GDane1@aol.com

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    try this. i searched for sonic research.
    http://andersonforum.com/board/showt...sonic+research

finally got to play last weekend with the guitar intonated with the tuner and tuned at the gig with the tuner properly programmed. most in tune ever!

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    finally got to play last weekend with the guitar intonated with the tuner and tuned at the gig with the tuner properly programmed. most in tune ever!
    That is saying a lot. I feel left out. My DT7 fits so perfectly. You guys are going to force me to reconfigure my board.

yeah, i was determined to be satisfied with the dt7. but the tt is just so fast and right. i did program it wrong the first time. mind your decimal places. the 122 and 200 are different in the way they are programmed.

I'm still lovin my ST-122 and my ST-200. I haven't used any of my other tuners since I got them. Accurate, easy display to read and understand!

I was able to program in the Buzz offsets, thanks to the guys here and the info you all provided. I also recommend spending some time reading the pamphlet that comes with your Turbo Tuner, AND reading thru the Sonic Research web site. I learned a lot about tuning that I didn't know before!!

If anyone wants to buy a Peterson, a Korg DT-10, and a Korg CA-30, PM me!!! They are attracting cobwebs............
    Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.thestringnetwork.com/index.php

You guys are going to make me get one aren't you!

I've been eyeing up the st-200. Is it easy to use for setting the intonation?
    Everything Matters!

Facebook

Loving both of mine too! The ST-122 is the best all around, all purpose tuner I've ever used. And the ST-200 is the best pedal board tuner.

After Tom's hint at programming up the ST-122 with all 12 Feiten offsets (for the both open and 12th fret) I find myself checking the intonation every second time I tune the guitar! I never have to re-adjust it though.

the 122 is easier for intonation, but it's easy enough on the 200. it's so fast i find myself checking my tuning all the time. with the 122 i look at the intonation any time i have the guitar on the bench. pretty dang impressive.

OK! I just ordered the 200 and I just might go for the 122 for the bench.....

What's the difference between them when it comes to setting the intonation?
    Everything Matters!

Facebook

OK that's it!
    I am getting one.

TT arrived

Thanks for all the help. Ordered mine (st200) and only took 2 days to receive it. No apparent back order. Spend 5 min with booklet to learn how to adjust the temperment and don't forget the second custom slot is drop D so you have to raise the 6th string up to E (forgot this initially and wondered why my 12th fret offset I put in wouldn't tune on the 6th string). I went with BF open tuning in CST1, and 12th fret tuning in CST2.
    All dialed in now and wonderfull!!! Never knew what I was missing.
    Also, I had my Les Paul Custom updated with the BF tuning and was finally able to intonate it perfectly - sounds awesome. My TAG was intonated without adjustments of course!

Tom, Did you ever find out if you can program the 200 like the 122 so that tuning and intonation offsets could be in the same program and open and 12th fret note would be recognized by the tuner?
    Everything Matters!

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by John Price
    Tom, Did you ever find out if you can program the 200 like the 122 so that tuning and intonation offsets could be in the same program and open and 12th fret note would be recognized by the tuner?
    You can only tune nine strings in each preset.

http://www.turbo-tuner.com/pages/manual-st2.htm
    Sometimes the silence between the notes is more important...

Just a quick mention of the fact that the ST-122 makes open tunings so easy that it's stimulated me to do some work on some really cool fingerstyle stuff that I've just never bothered with, when it ment having to get into an open tuning "the old way". The pre-sets on the 122 are a Godsend to lazy folks like myself!!
    Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.thestringnetwork.com/index.php