Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo Tuner

Turbo Tuner

my ST-200 turbo tuner just arrived. Nice bit of kit, but the temperament tuning options seem to be only for those wierd and wobbly True Temperament necks - anyone got any tips for using it with Tom's 'Buzz Feitenised' guitars??
    Atom; Hollow SA Classic; Martin OOO28ECB

You have to go into one of the custom banks and enter the offsets manually. I put mine in custom 1!

Its been a little while, but if my memory serves correctly it goes like this:

E = 00 (no adjustment required)
    B = +01
    G = -02
    D = -02
    A = -02
    E = -02

I can double check when I get home that this is what mine are set at (and I love it!) Maybe Tom or someone else can chime in to confirm if this is right.

Quote Originally Posted by dave
    my ST-200 turbo tuner just arrived. Nice bit of kit, but the temperament tuning options seem to be only for those wierd and wobbly True Temperament necks - anyone got any tips for using it with Tom's 'Buzz Feitenised' guitars??
    you have to enter the bf offsets in "cust 4," i believe. unfortunately i don't have mine in front of me. btw, i highly recommend this tuner for those of you looking for a highly accurate tuner. there is thread somewhere on the forum. here are the bf offsets. turbo can't publish them, becuase they are not licensed to do so.

E___________________00
    B__________________+01
    G__________________-02
    D__________________-02
    A__________________-02
    E__________________-02

Check post four in this one. ckofal gets it right, as he has both sets of offsets listed. More on that later...

http://andersonforum.com/board/showt...ht=Turbo+Tuner

I have the TT in one of my boards. I am trying to figure out how to fit a second in my other board.

Note: If you CALL TT's support number, and you have the offsets in front of you, they will walk you through how to do the update. They just can't "tell you the offsets", just how to do it.

You need two sets of offsets if you are going to use this to intonate your guitar.

I have been using this tuner for a while. I suggest that unless you are going to do alt tunings, you set P1 for Standard, P2 for BF Open, and P3 for BF 12th.

You see there is a left and right button on the pedal that scrolls from one setting to the next. So if you use P1 P2 and P3, you never have to scroll more than one position to go from a non BF guitar to a BF guitar.

This is a great tuner and SUPER accurate. The most accurate pedal on the market.
    Sometimes the silence between the notes is more important...

You guys ROCK, as does this forum!!

I have spent two days with my new ST-200.........it's a great tuner. My Korg DT-10's are now either becomming "hand me downs" to my two sons that play, or are for sale!! LOL

I'll be putting in the "pre sets" for the BF system so I can hear my Andersons IN TUNE, perhaps for the first time!!

I also just ordered a ST-122, for use with my acoustic and resonator guitars.
    Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.thestringnetwork.com/index.php

Maybe not suitable for your pedalboard but if you want "chic" coolness factor, Peterson strobe tuners recently released a version of their Strobo-soft virtual strobe tuner for the iPhone.

No, I don't work for Peterson.

Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    Maybe not suitable for your pedalboard but if you want "chic" coolness factor, Peterson strobe tuners recently released a version of their Strobo-soft virtual strobe tuner for the iPhone.

No, I don't work for Peterson.
    Downloaded and installed it, doesn't work that well; plus no Feiten offsets.

I went with the Turbo Tuner based on recommendations here- I ordered it on a Saturday, it was in my mailbox on Monday! No problem at all programming in the Feiten offsets, and it is amazingly accurate. I am sure the Peterson is a wonderful device, but the Turbo Tuner is A+, smaller, and less expensive.

I have personally had a tough time with the Peterson Strobe pedal. I just don't get along well with that display!!

It's for sale, too!!
    Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

Maybe this will take care of any tuning issues:

Other than that, it's all 1's and 0's. I wouldn't think there would be any tuning issues....

Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    Other than that, it's all 1's and 0's. I wouldn't think there would be any tuning issues....
    Yes and no...

The Peterson is a digital tuner. The Turbo is analog.

Both are excellent and have their positive and negative points. At this level of accuracy I think it boils down to personal preference.

For me, nearly half the price and half the size made the TT stand out.

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    that's cool! maybe i need one now?

Did anyone read the comments below the comparison! What a hoot!

I read the entire Sonic Research web site (the company that makes the Turbo Tuners)..........the whole thing!! I actually learned quite a bit.

I saw that video before I ordered a ST-200. I'm loving the ST-200 stomp pedal so much, that I ordered a ST-122 this past Saturday. It was here Monday!!! I wanted the ST-122 for use with my acoustics and resonator guitars........it's got more pre-set modes, for open tunings and such.

I've had a crazy busy week, so I've not opened the ST-122.........but I will soon! I'm really appreciating the excellence of the ST-200!
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    that's cool! maybe i need one now?
    maybe you should get one, they're cool. however, i did notice they were tuning the decay to pitch, not the initial attack.