Thread: NGD - Bobcat in Deep Tobacco Burst!

NGD - Bobcat in Deep Tobacco Burst!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0b3el21j0...BV5kPOiha?dl=0

Hey there all -- I wanted to share a few pics of my new Bobcat! This was my first custom order from TAG, and man, there's nothing quite like opening the case for the first time. I told Tom & Markus that I didn't even pick it up for 15 minutes because there was so much to look at! After being a Crowdster-only electric player for 10+ years, I'm loving all the doors this opens up. Too much fun, and this is a great partner in the journey for growing as a player. I'd describe the playing experience as fat, rich, brilliant, buttery, nuanced, expressive, and powerful!
    Bobcat - 01-11-22C
    Crowdster +2 - 12-18-07N
    Martin 000-18 Golden Era
    AER Compact 60
    DIY Pedal Board

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    glad you're enjoying it clay!

Nice! Great color.

Super nice!!!
    Guitars:
    Anderson Drop Top, Short Classic T, Classic S, Bulldog, Pro Am

Amps:
    3rd Power Kitchen Sink
    Kemper Profiling Amp
    Atomic CLR Wedge
    Henning Bottle Rocket
    Bogner Oversized 2x12

Looks great.
    TAG C+2 & HDT , Godin A12, Homemade Koa/maple top hollow body electric, 1992 PRS Custom 24 Lacewood, Gibson Chet Atkins CE, 1976 Ovation Breadwinner, Ovation MM68 mandolin, Alvarez/Yairi DY87 dbl neck, 2015 Taylor 916ce

Man, this guitar is versatile, too....a couple rambling thoughts... After 3 months, still enjoying so many new discoveries. I went with H1- and H2+ pickups, (which I can see from all the fantastic Bobcat pics out there is clearly not the norm!), but my philosophy was it would be a little easier to take a modern pickup towards vintage than a vintage pickup towards modern. Of course, more Andersons would solve all my dilemmas (and that's a dream I plan to keep alive), but at any rate, I feel like there's not much that's out of reach with these pickups (tonally speaking). I'm definitely making wide use of the tone & volume knobs, but what has surprised me is how much I enjoy splitting the pickups and how useful I find those sounds. The H2+ split still sounds huge and has been fun for classic rock. At first, I thought the H1- might be a little low powered, but the more I play it, the more I like it -- so clear and downright PRETTY. It matches volume levels very nicely w/ the H2+. FWIW, I do run a boost front of amp that's always on (placed after overdrive). And, to my ears, the CMA pickups on my Crowdster really do sit right in between a split and full HB...it's made me appreciate how versatile those little guys are, too.
    Bobcat - 01-11-22C
    Crowdster +2 - 12-18-07N
    Martin 000-18 Golden Era
    AER Compact 60
    DIY Pedal Board