Thread: So, what is your favorite guitar cable these days?

So, what is your favorite guitar cable these days?

Way back when, a coupon for a free Elxir cable came with the purchase of a TA guitar. I believe they are no longer making them. What's your favorite these days? Tom?

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    i still have a few of those. i also have a lava lower end cable i like. i also have a markley cryo cable they gave me at a namm show that is good. i don't use a long cable so i'd have to say there's less of a difference between them when they're short.

As luck would have, I literally just found my Elixir cable while going thru a box of studio odds and ends. Good point about the short cable distance.

I had a bag of cables stolen from my car as I was packing up after a gig and my Elixir was in the bag.
    I only used the Elixir once but was never able to buy a replacement.
    I've used Pete Cornish Silver Series cables for over 10 yrs and I'm very happy with them but I had an Evidence Audio Fortè for Xmas and it sounds amazing. It also lays nicely, no twists.
    The only downside is the price, they are EXPENSIVE.

elixir cable

I agree that the Elixir cables are great; I picked up 3 of them when they were still in production, and they're my favorites. I wish they hadn't stopped making them! I have 2 TRS cables that I play w/ my Crowdster. A 7' Zaolla & a 10' Planet Waves cable. The Zaolla is about 100% transparent & the Planet Waves cable is nothing special, but at 10', it isn't hurting anything. I like to keep the cables short to minimize loss of tone, and I try to put that Elixir cable in my chain when I can.
    Last edited by ClayCromer; 04-03-2021 at 10:02 PM. Reason: typo
    Crowdster +2 (12-18-07N retrofit), Martin 000-18 Golden Era, AER Compact 60, Egnater Rebel 30