Thread: Help with Classic Trem arm

Help with Classic Trem arm

I love my Ruby Slipper Classic 02-23-13N. It is my #1 stage guitar (at least it was back in the bygone days when we played out). But....... (thereís always a but).... the trem arm is so loose it swings wildly and will just fly out of the tremolo bridge from even mild-to-moderate movement of the guitar. Is there a set screw or adjustment to tighten how snugly the trem arm inserts and sits in the tremolo? For example, I have a Wilkinson trem on another guitar. If I dive bomb the Wilkinson trem fully forward (strings slack) there is a small Allen set screw that can adjust how snugly the trem arm sits in the trem cavity. Is there something similar on the Anderson trem? Please tell me I donít have to resort to electrical tape or some DIY solution!

Thanks in advance for the help, and stay safe!
    Brent
    Guitars:TAG '13 TAG Classic, Heritage H-555, custom teles, Custom Korina triple P90 beast;Wingert FV-C acoustic, Taylor K20-C acoustic, '65 Martin 00-21NY
    Amps: Two Rock Studio Pro; Marshall Origin50; Mesa Boogie custom built Mark I re-issue

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    there should be a set screw in the collar the arm goes into that tightens against the black delrin bushing that the arm sits in.

Thanks Tom! Hope you are safe and healthy!
    Brent
    Guitars:TAG '13 TAG Classic, Heritage H-555, custom teles, Custom Korina triple P90 beast;Wingert FV-C acoustic, Taylor K20-C acoustic, '65 Martin 00-21NY
    Amps: Two Rock Studio Pro; Marshall Origin50; Mesa Boogie custom built Mark I re-issue