Thread: Back finishes in current spec sheet

Back finishes in current spec sheet

Hey folks, a few years have passed since my last order of a TA and I'm in need of some information and advice. Thought of asking here before I bug Tom/Roy about it

So I'm gonna have an Angel build in Light Tiger Eye Burst, quilted maple top on basswood body. Now the question is about the finish for the back of the body, I see now there are choices for Transparent Cherry, Transparent Light Brown, Transparent Dark Brown. All these while I do remember seeing the cherry and dark brown backs, which are easily found on the internet.

The above is from Matts Music, a basswood body with what I think is a transparent dark brown back.

What I can't seem to find is any image of a Transparent Light Brown back, and I'm wondering if anyone owns a TA with that? I'm also gonna go with a caramel maple neck, so any inputs on the choice of back colour will be much appreciated. Ruling out a matching or black back if I can help it. Cheers!
    Last edited by dnumde; 02-08-2020 at 01:56 PM.

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    light brown is about the same color as caramel maple. stay away from the reddish colors with light tiger eye, it will clash.

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    light brown is about the same color as caramel maple. stay away from the reddish colors with light tiger eye, it will clash.
    Aye aye sir! As much as I said I wasn't gonna bother you with this question, you still found it. Transparent light brown back it is then!

If i may ask about the Angel since it's rear routed and direct mount pickups. I have spec'ed for the HF series, will the routing accommodate other brands in the future for both uncovered or covered ones?

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    yes, we do the same rout for Hb's in angels. they should accept and standard size hb cover or not.

Thanks again Tom! Good to know and now to send in my spec sheet, can't wait!!!!!!