Thread: Tom Tell Us About Roasted Yellow Pine 2020 NAMM

Tom Tell Us About Roasted Yellow Pine 2020 NAMM

Let's get a little discussion around these quiet parts. Some cool stuff at NAMM. The one I'm really interested to hear more about is this new body wood options Roasted Yellow Pine. Also the Swamp Ash with Dog Hair is crazy cool!

https://www.andersonguitarworks.com/namm-show-2020

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    the pine is crazy light. that raven weighs 5 lbs 7 oz. but note that it has all the lightest components on it. a trem or humcancelling pickups would bumpm it up.

it's a super lively guitar, nice edgy tele type top end. not bass heavy, but not too thin either.

would not use that wood on a T shape as it would for sure be neck heavy. playing with another species of pine that is just a little heavier, still in the medium swamp ask range, more on that as things develop.

Holy crap that's light for a solid body Raven!

I'll add that yesterday I happened to play a Friedman beat to crap Tele style that was a pine body. That Tele was absolutely nasty edgy sounding in the best way. Maybe the Raven is similar in sound. Other than it sounded killer I didn't care for the feel of the Friedman at all.
    Last edited by BFC; 01-22-2020 at 03:12 PM.

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    i played that raven again yesterday for the final test before shipping. it was pretty darn fun, with just the amp with mild break up it was just what you'd hope for in a rock tele. hit the klon klone and it was a beast.

Iím torn between my curiosity for that guitar and my love for metallic finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    Iím torn between my curiosity for that guitar and my love for metallic finishes.
    Get it with metallic finish
    Current TAGs
    Bobcat w/ HC1/HC3

Former TAGs,
    Short Drop Top Mongrel w/ H3, SC1, SC1
    Cobra (RW Neck and board) H1- / H2+
    HDTC w/ H02, SA1, SA1 and maple board
    HTC w/ HC-1 / TM2 and maple board
    Classic w/ H3, M1, M1
    Cobra (Trem) w/ PH1- / H2
    Crowdster

Like swamp ash it is hard to do a metallic that doesn’t look wavy on account of the grain.