Thread: G&G Quality Case Co.....Come inside w Me!

G&G Quality Case Co.....Come inside w Me!

Early Protos w exact dimensions for their clients:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/JrngPup

Had a great opportunity to visit the G&G Guitar Case Factory in East Los Angeles and figured I’d take you inside to see a little behind the scenes

These are great, hard working employees who take immense pride in their jobs
    The founders of this company started years ago as tradesman in the luggage industry .....who happened to know the right people @ Fender. So, When the luggage business closed its doors, they contacted Fender with an idea.....and your G&G Case is the result of that moment in time
    Now they have contracts with other iconic names in the guitar world as our beloved Tom Anderson Guitars

These are all made by hand, and if you’ve ever seen original footage of the early Fender Factory, there is a “raw-ness” like quality and uncanny similarity where these two cogs in the musical industry wheel, intersect
    Enjoy these pics My brothers/Sisters in tone. I really enjoyed our visit

https://imgur.com/gallery/SrPMbER
    Last edited by curtisjames; 10-03-2018 at 11:46 PM.

Thanks for sharing man
    Current TAGs
    Cobra (Trem) w/ PH1- / H2
    Crowdster
    Bobcat w/ HC1/HC3

Former TAGs,
    Short Drop Top Mongrel w/ H3, SC1, SC1
    Cobra (RW Neck and board) H1- / H2+
    HDTC w/ H02, SA1, SA1 and maple board
    HTC w/ HC-1 / TM2 and maple board
    Classic w/ H3, M1, M1

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    it's very old school. they are about the last US maker doing wooden cases other than taylor and collings doing some of their own.

i have to say that the big companies beat them up on price, so they have a really tough business to run. if you look at what cases cost today vs 20 years ago, they have not kept up with the cost of guitars at all. there is so much labor in this style of case that i honestly don't know how they do it.

G&g

Thanks Tom,
    And after seeing it 1st hand, it practically ALL hand labor, minus the Tolex and fabrics/ glue etc....

But what’s cool, is they are so hands on. I can honestly say, the employees don’t do it, to get rich. More like, they are treated fairly by the few who run it, and human beings with honor and dignity.

Like Anderson guitars, its a family run unit that keeps quality control under their finger tips.
    They’re arms, hands, and faces show the toil, and years of proud labor

They’re old school....and I dig them now, more than ever
    They’re just not a Guitar Case folks....they’re a human story

(Btw, in the first pic with protype dimensions, looks like a TA on the right hand stack, 8 down from the top
    Last edited by curtisjames; 10-04-2018 at 12:32 PM.

I now have an ever greater appreciation for the the quality of the cases that house my TAGs. Thanks for the interesting post!

amazing stuff. love that each case is tagged....at first i thought that might've been yours or someone's warehouse of guitar cases
    Axes: 2015 TAG Angel HSH, w/ blocked floyd, switcheroo electronics 2016 TAG DT HSH, w/ blocked floyd, switcheroo electronics
    Amps/DI: Morgan AC40 Dlx, Peavey 6505MH, 1983 JCM800 2203& Suhr Reactive Load, Atomic AmpliFIRE, Mojave Ampworks 112, Mackie 1642VLZ, Radial JDI, Ownhammer IR's