Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Relic Andersons?? did not see that comeing!!

Icon T

Quote Originally Posted by replayboy View Post
    What colour? spec?

Black with RW board.. it is an Esquire Version...Ordered back in Oct and sworn to secrecy by Roy, Tom and Dealer where ordered. I always wanted a Relic version of a TA guitar and super excited to get my hands on it next month.

Tom , thanks for doing for us!!

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    it's been pretty fun. i have to go on record as saying that when fender started doing relics years ago i thought it was the dumbest thing i'd ever seen. could not have been more wrong about that as a business decision for them.

we have gotten bombarded for them for years, and like colored headstocks on maple necks, i finally gave in.

eventually on our spec sheet/order form, you will see an option field that has high gloss, satin, in distress level 1, in distress level 2, and in distress level three. your choice will change the color options available. we won't be doing cajun red quilt top cobras in distress.

the three piece bridge is being offered because someone finally made a saddle with offsets that allow us to intonate correctly, and have the string come off the saddle at a right angle, unlike the angled saddles. i believe the plate has more to do with what they sound like than the saddles being different.
    I am guilty as charged as someone who always asked for a RELIC version of a T Classic...I am sure now that I will end up with more than one....

Another question... The Highwood saddles look really nice. Are they going to be an option on regular Classics or just the Icon?

Quote Originally Posted by morty View Post
    I have seen som pics of Relic guitars! is it for real or is it just show guitars!! All my life I have tryed to keep my guitars shiny and damagefree.. some of my workhorses have some dings, after being unlucky! As I first saw relic guitars i have just laughed of them.. I realy can make my own wear.. and that wear some of the relic models have can not be made out of playing guitar!! We are all different and one of the reasons i like TA guitars is the fantastic glossy finnish and nice colourcombinations! I dont understand why ist cool to have a guitar who looks like it have been driven over by a car! I will never use money on a relic model! maby I am to conservative and to old....

2. question how does the new 3 saddle work and how does it intonate with BF tuning? I can se the saddles is a step up in design from old Fenders! When i have looked for guitars earlyer i have always skipped guitars with 3 saddles! i only want to buy 6 saddles guitars with independant intonation on each string..
    Iíve owned two Danocaster, still have one along with a couple Tom Andersonís...I like both shiny & relic...really donít hear a difference sonically....biggest thing I like about a relic is you donít feel bad about bumping it or loaning it out....Ēyou scratched my relicĒ is just not an issue!

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    Another question... The Highwood saddles look really nice. Are they going to be an option on regular Classics or just the Icon?
    not sure yet. because the exit point on the saddle in in the center of the saddle, we may have to move the bridge for intonation reasons. not ready to do that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    not sure yet. because the exit point on the saddle in in the center of the saddle, we may have to move the bridge for intonation reasons. not ready to do that yet.
    Tom can you please elaborate ?
    Are you saying that you need to move the entire bridge back or forward to enable correct intonation ?
    I don't have an issue with them on my Drop Top so I'm very curious

I have a "Relic" Classic.

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf View Post
    Tom can you please elaborate ?
    Are you saying that you need to move the entire bridge back or forward to enable correct intonation ?
    I don't have an issue with them on my Drop Top so I'm very curious
    because the string leaves the saddle further back from the front edge, the saddle is close to the end of it's travel. if someone used really light strings it may bump into the bridge pivot screw. don't like to have that possibility looming.

Is that due to the Feiten offsets ?
    I haven't noticed the problem with my Drop Top.
    I also have Highwoods on my PRS and EB Silhouette Special and its not an issue

Upon further reflection, I kind of like the idea of keeping those exclusive to the Icon. It separates that model further away from the regular Classic and makes it more... Iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    Upon further reflection, I kind of like the idea of keeping those exclusive to the Icon. It separates that model further away from the regular Classic and makes it more... Iconic.
    I agree.
    That's the main reason I requested them on the Icon Classic I have on order at the moment.
    Traditional style guitar so for me traditional bent saddles are key to achieving tradional tone.

I need to get these for a guitar I have with traditional/ vintage saddles
    Current TAGs
    Classic w/ H3, M1, M1
    Cobra (Trem) w/ PH1- / H2
    Crowdster
    Bobcat w/ HC1/HC3

Former TAGs,
    Short Drop Top Mongrel w/ H3, SC1, SC1
    Cobra (RW Neck and board) H1- / H2+
    HDTC w/ H02, SA1, SA1 and maple board
    HTC w/ HC-1 / TM2 and maple board