Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relic Andersons?? did not see that comeing!!

Relic Andersons?? did not see that comeing!!

I have seen som pics of Relic guitars! is it for real or is it just show guitars!! All my life I have tryed to keep my guitars shiny and damagefree.. some of my workhorses have some dings, after being unlucky! As I first saw relic guitars i have just laughed of them.. I realy can make my own wear.. and that wear some of the relic models have can not be made out of playing guitar!! We are all different and one of the reasons i like TA guitars is the fantastic glossy finnish and nice colourcombinations! I dont understand why ist cool to have a guitar who looks like it have been driven over by a car! I will never use money on a relic model! maby I am to conservative and to old....

2. question how does the new 3 saddle work and how does it intonate with BF tuning? I can se the saddles is a step up in design from old Fenders! When i have looked for guitars earlyer i have always skipped guitars with 3 saddles! i only want to buy 6 saddles guitars with independant intonation on each string..
    Playing Tom Anderson Drop Top, and a Hollow Short T Classic

Just different options for different tastes. It's not like they're only going to offer relic jobs and 3 saddle bridges from now on. I think it's awesome that they're branching out and having a little fun with it.
    Last edited by BFC; 01-27-2018 at 02:28 PM.

There is def some intonation that can be done on 3 saddle bridges. That saddle look compensated though. Not your regualr old saddle. The kicker about those 3 saddle bridges is the sound. They sound different than the 3 saddle
    Current TAGs
    Classic w/ H3, M1, M1
    Cobra (Trem) w/ PH1- / H2
    Crowdster
    Bobcat w/ HC1/HC3

Former TAGs,
    Short Drop Top Mongrel w/ H3, SC1, SC1
    Cobra (RW Neck and board) H1- / H2+
    HDTC w/ H02, SA1, SA1 and maple board
    HTC w/ HC-1 / TM2 and maple board

Relic Anderson

Mine is on order, glad Tom has decided to do it and I am so looking forward to my new Icon T Distressed version..

I have a Classic Icon on order but have decided not to choose the Relic option but with the new Highwood Saddles.

I'm genuinely surprised by the lack of interest in Anderson by any of the online reports.
    Noone has even mentioned Anderson, if it wasn't for the few vids of the guys playing I'd doubt they were there at all.
    Very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by lumco View Post
    Mine is on order, glad Tom has decided to do it and I am so looking forward to my new Icon T Distressed version..
    What colour? spec?

Quote Originally Posted by wolf View Post
    I have a Classic Icon on order but have decided not to choose the Relic option but with the new Highwood Saddles.

I'm genuinely surprised by the lack of interest in Anderson by any of the online reports.
    Noone has even mentioned Anderson, if it wasn't for the few vids of the guys playing I'd doubt they were there at all.
    Very disappointing.
    where did he mention using highwood saddles?. I have thought of getting them years ago for my Suhr but that had some internal issues for for years were selling almost no product
    Current TAGs
    Classic w/ H3, M1, M1
    Cobra (Trem) w/ PH1- / H2
    Crowdster
    Bobcat w/ HC1/HC3

Former TAGs,
    Short Drop Top Mongrel w/ H3, SC1, SC1
    Cobra (RW Neck and board) H1- / H2+
    HDTC w/ H02, SA1, SA1 and maple board
    HTC w/ HC-1 / TM2 and maple board

Quote Originally Posted by brokenvail View Post
    where did he mention using highwood saddles?. I have thought of getting them years ago for my Suhr but that had some internal issues for for years were selling almost no product
    The Highwood saddles are on the Icon Classic Relic on display at NAMM.
    I introduced the 2 companies and the Icon I have on order is specced to have Highwoods.

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    it's been pretty fun. i have to go on record as saying that when fender started doing relics years ago i thought it was the dumbest thing i'd ever seen. could not have been more wrong about that as a business decision for them.

we have gotten bombarded for them for years, and like colored headstocks on maple necks, i finally gave in.

eventually on our spec sheet/order form, you will see an option field that has high gloss, satin, in distress level 1, in distress level 2, and in distress level three. your choice will change the color options available. we won't be doing cajun red quilt top cobras in distress.

the three piece bridge is being offered because someone finally made a saddle with offsets that allow us to intonate correctly, and have the string come off the saddle at a right angle, unlike the angled saddles. i believe the plate has more to do with what they sound like than the saddles being different.

Alright, I'll go first with the million questions you're going to get. What's the pricing looking like for the different distressed levels?

650 retail all levels. We will not be beating up the back of the neck, these need to play like our guitars play.

Is the finish different than your normal finish to get it to crack like that? Like a "nitro" finish or some such?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    it's been pretty fun. i have to go on record as saying that when fender started doing relics years ago i thought it was the dumbest thing i'd ever seen. could not have been more wrong about that as a business decision for them.

we have gotten bombarded for them for years, and like colored headstocks on maple necks, i finally gave in.

eventually on our spec sheet/order form, you will see an option field that has high gloss, satin, in distress level 1, in distress level 2, and in distress level three. your choice will change the color options available. we won't be doing cajun red quilt top cobras in distress.

the three piece bridge is being offered because someone finally made a saddle with offsets that allow us to intonate correctly, and have the string come off the saddle at a right angle, unlike the angled saddles. i believe the plate has more to do with what they sound like than the saddles being different.
    Thanx for a good answer Tom! its realy nice and always fun to see new ways to do things and new models! I personaly like TA guitars because of the engineering and construction! I think quality engineering tonewoods and nice finish is why i play TA. I would love to check out the Raven, but if i order it would not be a relic! And I think the Raven would realy fit in between my DT and HSTC. Thanx Tom Anderson and the great team for making these beutiful guitars!! :-)
    Playing Tom Anderson Drop Top, and a Hollow Short T Classic

the distressed guitars are nitro, they have to be to get them to crack.