Thread: Anybody shipped a guitar to Israel?

Anybody shipped a guitar to Israel?

Is it hard? Expense doesn't matter if the buyer will pick up the tab, of course. But I'd want to go economical for their benefit.

Anybody?
    LOVE YOUR AUDIENCE GTRS: Tom Anderson Crowdster + 2, Hollow CT Atom, T Classic Wechter Acoustic
    Other Toys: FBT, Fishman, Line 6 (Helix Rack beta tester), Lava, Peterson, Planet Waves, etc...

Electric & Acoustic AT THE SAME TIME Electric AND Acoustic With the Variax
    My Music ~ Listen for free, buy for cheap. Electric and Acoustic at the Same Time with Helix

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    if it has rosewood fb you'll need a cites permit.
    otherwise, usps is usually the cheapest, but does not always allow for insurance at real value. each country has different rules about value.

also, "fedx great rates" works great for us, not sure if they do it for individual shipments. they give a lower rate and ship on particular days that are slow for them. our UK shipments are always on tuesday, must be a slow shipping day.

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    if it has rosewood fb you'll need a cites permit.
    otherwise, usps is usually the cheapest, but does not always allow for insurance at real value. each country has different rules about value.

also, "fedx great rates" works great for us, not sure if they do it for individual shipments. they give a lower rate and ship on particular days that are slow for them. our UK shipments are always on tuesday, must be a slow shipping day.
    No rosewood at all, so that's good.

Thanks. Not sure what I'm going to do here...

Is Israel particularly difficult do you know?
    LOVE YOUR AUDIENCE GTRS: Tom Anderson Crowdster + 2, Hollow CT Atom, T Classic Wechter Acoustic
    Other Toys: FBT, Fishman, Line 6 (Helix Rack beta tester), Lava, Peterson, Planet Waves, etc...

Electric & Acoustic AT THE SAME TIME Electric AND Acoustic With the Variax
    My Music ~ Listen for free, buy for cheap. Electric and Acoustic at the Same Time with Helix

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    we have only sent a handful of guitars there, and it has been a while, so i don't have any dependable info for how it is now.

I have never shipped a guitar there but it did ship an Axe fx there and it was hard. There is a special forum I had to buy and go to my local chamber of commerce with a paper from a fractal. It it all worked out just fine but getting the paper work squared away took a bit of leg work. Buyer was super cool (we are friends on social media now) and I got top dollar for my axe.
    Current TAGs
    Classic w/ H3, M1, M1
    Cobra (Trem) w/ PH1- / H2
    Crowdster
    Bobcat w/ HC1/HC3

Former TAGs,
    Short Drop Top Mongrel w/ H3, SC1, SC1
    Cobra (RW Neck and board) H1- / H2+
    HDTC w/ H02, SA1, SA1 and maple board
    HTC w/ HC-1 / TM2 and maple board