Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NGD: Guardian Angel Player! (starter post)

Quote Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
    Interesting, I'd imagined the 3+ to be darker sounding.
    It is strange because yes it is darker than the 1+ that was in the neck but did have what some guys here call high end sparkle and lots of sizzle
    Current TAGs
    Bobcat w/ HC1/HC3

Former TAGs,
    Short Drop Top Mongrel w/ H3, SC1, SC1
    Cobra (RW Neck and board) H1- / H2+
    HDTC w/ H02, SA1, SA1 and maple board
    HTC w/ HC-1 / TM2 and maple board
    Classic w/ H3, M1, M1
    Cobra (Trem) w/ PH1- / H2
    Crowdster

Quote Originally Posted by wolf View Post
    You've had it a week now, how is it ?
    Are you enjoying the Floyd option ?
    After playing quite a bit, I can say that I'm very impressed: the redesigned shape of the angel seems to make for an overall bigger guitar(than a classic)but weight distribution is superbly balanced. Lightweight and sounds surprisingly loud unplugged.

Soundwise the HSH with the switching I'd chosen gives me the widest array of instantly accessible tones (I emphasize 'instantly' vs switcheroo) honestly there are sounds on here I don't currently yet have an idea when to apply

The trem(i think mine's not a Floyd)is extremely pleasing. The bar feels spongey, easy to control with no mechanical give in the attachment socket, I hope it'll stay that way. Tuning stability after extra testing, is splendid. Being a fully floating system however it has some natural problems such as with double-stop bends and the tension of strings fighting each other, if I could solve that then perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Manning View Post
    That is a sharp looking guitar!
    yes, I agree that all andersons are a bit pointy... JK! Thanks Manning!

After playing quite a bit, I can say that I'm very impressed: the redesigned shape of the angel seems to make for an overall bigger guitar(than a classic)but weight distribution is superbly balanced. Lightweight and sounds surprisingly loud unplugged.

Soundwise the HSH with the switching I'd chosen gives me the widest array of instantly accessible tones (I emphasize 'instantly' vs switcheroo) honestly there are sounds on here I don't currently yet have an idea when to apply

The trem(i think mine's not a Floyd)is extremely pleasing. The bar feels spongey, easy to control with no mechanical give in the attachment socket, I hope it'll stay that way. Tuning stability after extra testing, is splendid. Being a fully floating system however it has some natural problems such as with double-stop bends and the tension of strings fighting each other, if I could solve that then perfect.
    Simple, stop playing country on it.
    In tune double stops don't matter in rock 😉😉😉😉

Quote Originally Posted by brokenvail View Post
    It is strange because yes it is darker than the 1+ that was in the neck but did have what some guys here call high end sparkle and lots of sizzle
    Hmm. Must be Anderson sorcery... One pickup comes to mind though when I think of high output with sizzle: the Bill Lawrence humbucker on Nuno's Washburn.

LOL! There's the answer!

Simple, stop playing country on it.
    In tune double stops don't matter in rock 😉😉😉😉
    I'd like it to be able to though, but good point. When's your classic to arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
    LOL! There's the answer!
    True, true.

I'd like it to be able to though, but good point. When's your classic to arrive?
    Tom says its due to be completed later this month.
    I don't know if that also means its shipped so I'm hoping it'll be here by xmas.

Tom says its due to be completed later this month.
    I don't know if that also means its shipped so I'm hoping it'll be here by xmas.
    Shipping usually doesn't take very long so I imagine you'll get it well before X-mas.

I had to try increasingly harder to supress my growing eagerness as the completion day got nearer because it started to feel like forever during the final month. Lol! Now it's your turn!

Shipping usually doesn't take very long so I imagine you'll get it well before X-mas.

I had to try increasingly harder to supress my growing eagerness as the completion day got nearer because it started to feel like forever during the final month. Lol! Now it's your turn!
    Obviously I'm eager and excited to see the finished guitar but I'd rather not pressure them to get it to me and miss some minor flaw.
    It has taken me 7 yrs to win my legal battle, my reward being the guitar, and I've another year before the legal process completes so another month's wait for the guitar is no hardship. ☺☺☺

Obviously I'm eager and excited to see the finished guitar but I'd rather not pressure them to get it to me and miss some minor flaw.
    It has taken me 7 yrs to win my legal battle, my reward being the guitar, and I've another year before the legal process completes so another month's wait for the guitar is no hardship. ☺☺☺
    I wasn't at all aware...7 yrs is looooong! No doubt a very costly fight. Anyhow, congratulations on the outcome.

I wasn't at all aware...7 yrs is looooong! No doubt a very costly fight. Anyhow, congratulations on the outcome.
    A surgical error left me with serious hearing loss.
    I've just had some newly released hearing aids which are amazing. The first set that don't ''pop'' when I play the guitar.

tom is offline Supreme Commander of the Anderson Empire
    you can't pressure us to finish a guitar, when it's done it's done, there are no shortcuts.

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    you can't pressure us to finish a guitar, when it's done it's done, there are no shortcuts.
    The correct answer ☺
    I meant that I wouldn't nag for a specific date.
    As you said, it'll be done when its done. ☺☺☺☺