Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: NGD: Guardian Angel Player! (starter post)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    119

    Lightbulb NGD: Guardian Angel Player! (starter post)

    Hi everyone, I'm TJ Chao from China. I want start with a big THANK YOU! to Tom & gang for all that went into building this guitar, as well as being most gracious whenever I had questions.

    A little self intro: I've been playing guitar for 5 years as a hobby, and it brings me great satisfaction whenever I do something music-related. I do video covers now and then of music I enjoy, and perform live individually or with my band. Played a couple of TAGs (amongst other guitars) over the years and decided the time had come to make a first post with the arrival of my new Anderson Guardian Angel Player. So...Pics first









    SPARKLY! Had longed for a TAG before I'd even played one, and they still continue to amaze me after I owned a couple. This one in particular is my first ever self-spec'd TAG, and the great folk at Anderson have done a SPECTACULAR job. Absolutely dream-fulfilling moment for me haha!


    Specifications:

    Guardian Angel Player (SN:08-29-16C)
    -Alder(Finished in Ruby Slippers)
    -Chocolate Maple Neck (Even Taper -.020, 1 11/16 Nut, Jumbo Frets)
    -Matching Gloss Headstock w Locking Tuners
    -Pickups: The Sean Ashe combination hehe HF1,SC2,HF2 on pearl white pick guard
    -5-Way Add Bridge with Splitter+VA Booster
    -Recessed Vintage Locking Tremolo

    The specs on this guitar were the result of much pondering and many emails back and forth between Tom and I(lots of hesitation & pestering from me in the previous months I do apologize). Finally it represents what I personally believe to be the all-purpose live guitar. Feel free to stare! and ask questions of course

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    wales..uk
    Posts
    561
    Awesome. Congratulations.
    I've spec'd a Classic with almost identical specs inc the new Floyd trem.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Lowville, NY
    Posts
    253
    Fantastic! That is beautiful!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    99

    Ruby Slippers

    Love that "Ruby Slippers"! Here is my Raven "Superbird" in "Ruby Slippers".
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf View Post
    Awesome. Congratulations.
    I've spec'd a Classic with almost identical specs inc the new Floyd trem.
    Thanks wolf! The new recessed trem was a leap of faith for me, but Tom had to mention Guthrie-G style so I had to have it. (huge guthrie fan)

    Anyway the trem is quite well-built, bet you'll enjoy it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfarr View Post
    Love that "Ruby Slippers"! Here is my Raven "Superbird" in "Ruby Slippers".
    Droooool. Yours looks so badass! Love the red/black combo, looks like well tuned supercar.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    674
    I am a sucker for all shades of Red. Red/ Burgundy is my fav color. Add on Maple Neck double drool! I have not played an HF2 but have played a -1, 1+ and 3+ so I know that HF2 should be pretty cool
    Current TAGs
    Bobcat w/ HC1/HC3

    Former TAGs,
    Short Drop Top Mongrel w/ H3, SC1, SC1
    Cobra (RW Neck and board) H1- / H2+
    HDTC w/ H02, SA1, SA1 and maple board
    HTC w/ HC-1 / TM2 and maple board
    Classic w/ H3, M1, M1
    Cobra (Trem) w/ PH1- / H2
    Crowdster

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenvail View Post
    I am a sucker for all shades of Red. Red/ Burgundy is my fav color. Add on Maple Neck double drool! I have not played an HF2 but have played a -1, 1+ and 3+ so I know that HF2 should be pretty cool

    Same here. Red rocks hard! Burgundy I've only ever seen on a Schecter but I agree that color is brilliant. Maple neck is a must!

    I went with choco-maple for the little extra stability it provides.(The two places where I spend the most time each year happen to have very different weather and totally opposite humidity conditions.)

    The HF2 and HF1 are the first HFs i've used, I feel like they growl a lot compared to H2/H2+. Pleasant though different!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
    Fantastic! That is beautiful!!
    Thanks, loving it!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
    The HF2 and HF1 are the first HFs i've used, I feel like they growl a lot compared to H2/H2+. Pleasant though different!
    Yes there is def more growl there. That is due to the mid range bump. They also sound profited to be due to the way the high end is. I love my H2 and H3. I am sure though different that I would dig the HF2 as well.
    Current TAGs
    Bobcat w/ HC1/HC3

    Former TAGs,
    Short Drop Top Mongrel w/ H3, SC1, SC1
    Cobra (RW Neck and board) H1- / H2+
    HDTC w/ H02, SA1, SA1 and maple board
    HTC w/ HC-1 / TM2 and maple board
    Classic w/ H3, M1, M1
    Cobra (Trem) w/ PH1- / H2
    Crowdster

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenvail View Post
    Yes there is def more growl there. That is due to the mid range bump. They also sound profited to be due to the way the high end is. I love my H2 and H3. I am sure though different that I would dig the HF2 as well.
    I see. It is definitely easier to get some traditional flavors out of the HF2. What do you think about the HF1+ and HF3+ having played them?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
    I see. It is definitely easier to get some traditional flavors out of the HF2. What do you think about the HF1+ and HF3+ having played them?
    The 3+ is way to hot for me. Due to the extra top end it has tons of sizzle. 1+ was to hot for me for use as a neck pup. I used it in the bridge of a cobra for a while and it was great there. In the end I swapped it for an h2. I wanted a slightly darker tone and a little less zing. I find that in general I am not a fan of the + pups, the HF1+, 3+ and H2+ All have something in the highs that I am not a huge fan of. It is obviously just me because SO many guys love the H2+
    Current TAGs
    Bobcat w/ HC1/HC3

    Former TAGs,
    Short Drop Top Mongrel w/ H3, SC1, SC1
    Cobra (RW Neck and board) H1- / H2+
    HDTC w/ H02, SA1, SA1 and maple board
    HTC w/ HC-1 / TM2 and maple board
    Classic w/ H3, M1, M1
    Cobra (Trem) w/ PH1- / H2
    Crowdster

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenvail View Post
    The 3+ is way to hot for me. Due to the extra top end it has tons of sizzle. 1+ was to hot for me for use as a neck pup. I used it in the bridge of a cobra for a while and it was great there. In the end I swapped it for an h2. I wanted a slightly darker tone and a little less zing. I find that in general I am not a fan of the + pups, the HF1+, 3+ and H2+ All have something in the highs that I am not a huge fan of. It is obviously just me because SO many guys love the H2+
    Interesting, I'd imagined the 3+ to be darker sounding.
    Yes, I find even the HF1 to have plenty output for a neck pu, so the 1+ could be a bit much. The H2 I have in the bridge of a DTC and love it, although I have been meaning to try out the H2+ that everyone seems crazy about.
    Thanks for your input brokenvail!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    wales..uk
    Posts
    561
    You've had it a week now, how is it ?
    Are you enjoying the Floyd option ?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    94
    That is a sharp looking guitar!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •