Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NUGD Cobra w/ Trem

NUGD Cobra w/ Trem

Well for the first time in 8 years my wife allowed me to buy a guitar without having to sell one. This thing is awesome. I like it much better than my previous Cobra which had a solid RW neck. (see my recent thread asking about the difference between a RW and Mahogany neck on a cobra)

Specs:
    Model - Cobra
    Body Finish - Natural Blue with Binding
    Body Wood - Flame Maple Top on Mahogany
    Neck Wood - Mahogany, Indian Rosewood Fretboard
    Neck Finish - Gloss Headstock, Satin Back
    Nutwidth - 1 11/16 in
    Frets - Heavy
    Back Shape - Happy Medium
    Hardware - Chrome
    Bridge - Vintage Tremolo
    Pickguard -
    Pickups - HF1+ HF3+

All pics except the last one were taken by the store

These pups are too hot for me but man I really dig their character. I have never played the HF series before. I have Tried HC1- which is similar, Ho2, H2+ and H3. H3 has been my fav TAG pup although everyone says it is hotter than the H2+ it is darker, smoother which to me ends of feeling like it was less gain/output. This guitar will def get a pup swap soon.

Here are to short (under 2 min) clips The guitar arrived, I put strap locks on it and hit the stage. Pls excuse all flubs.

https://youtu.be/wEy6A5pRaN4

https://youtu.be/1wyGQoIEpn8

Congrats on a killer guitar! I have to say the H3 is my favorite Anderson pickup. Just an amazing pickup! I have it in my Bulldog and Pro Am. I have an H2+ in my Drop Top. I like it a lot but there is something about the H3 that just does it for me. I may eventually go that route for the Drop Top too.

HNGD!!
    Guitars:
    Anderson Drop Top, Short Classic T, Classic S, Bulldog x 2, Pro Am

Amps:
    Kemper Profiling Amp
    Atomic CLR Wedge
    Henning Bottle Rocket
    Bogner Oversized 2x12

Fantastic top and finish. Congrats!

Sick flame! Happy NGD!! I too am an H3 user.

daaaang! love me some blue guitars!! Congrats
    Crowdster 12-10-04N
    with plusification surgery

She's a beaut!!

Thx fellas

Wow, that's sweet. Love the light blue. Congrats!
    Tiger Eye Hollow Drop Top, Hollow T (with M's), Gold Dust Classic (SSS), Honeyburst Bulldog, Carved Top Bengal Burst Suhr Modern (Floyd), Strandberg Boden OS7, Fractal Audio Axe FX XL, Mesa Boogie Triaxis/2:90, Mesa Boogie Lonestar, other stuff :-)

I saw that on Ebay, was going to buy it myself!!!! so if you get tired?. in the meantime congrats

Quote Originally Posted by replayboy
    I saw that on Ebay, was going to buy it myself!!!! so if you get tired?…. in the meantime congrats
    I moved on it super fast. I saw it right when they posted it. I called the store right way but couldn't reach them. They called me back the next morning and a little while later it was on a box with a FedEx label

Wow! That is a looker
    TAG C+2 & HDT , Godin A12, Homemade Koa/maple top hollow body electric, Gibson Chet Atkins CE, Ovation Breadwinner, Ovation MM68 mandolin, Alvarez/Yairi DY87 dbl neck

Brokenvail,
    Could I suggest if your going to do a pickup change, to consider the PH1 and 2 for it? The are Humbucker size P90's in a Humbucker ring so would be a great fit.
    I just had a PH1 delivered to put in the neck of my Chris George Tele. They are not too hot, wind up nice and nice and clear, I just love em !!! There is a video of the key lime surf Tele I bought from North West Guitars with them in it, Ok not a comprehensive review but will give you an idea?
    PLUS if you put them in and them decide at some point to move it on, it's just right for me !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by replayboy
    Brokenvail,
    Could I suggest if your going to do a pickup change, to consider the PH1 and 2 for it? The are Humbucker size P90's in a Humbucker ring so would be a great fit.
    I just had a PH1 delivered to put in the neck of my Chris George Tele. They are not too hot, wind up nice and nice and clear, I just love em !!! There is a video of the key lime surf Tele I bought from North West Guitars with them in it, Ok not a comprehensive review but will give you an idea?
    PLUS if you put them in and them decide at some point to move it on, it's just right for me !!!!
    It is getting a ph1- in all blk in the neck (that has already been ordered) the bridge pup will stay a humbucker. Waiting on some advise from Tom but I am going to use it a few more times as is then might try an H2/3 or HF2/3

Maybe try moving that HF1+ to the bridge spot. I love the HF1+ in my Short Classic. Might be worth a shot since you are already pulling it out to make room for the PH.

Quote Originally Posted by BFC
    Maybe try moving that HF1+ to the bridge spot. I love the HF1+ in my Short Classic. Might be worth a shot since you are already pulling it out to make room for the PH.
    That thought has def crossed my mind! I tell you that hf3+ sounds killer. It is just a pit more saturated than I have been using these days. I am going to lower it some and see how it sounds. If you heard the clips I posted I can not deny that thing sounds killer lol